I have written a writeup, 'A medical explanation of the effects of ecstasy on your body', which explains the medical effects of ecstasy on your body.

Based on the information in that writeup, here is my explanation of what domaindudu experienced.

To summarise domaindudu's experience, he took E for the first time, got high and felt good about the world, no hallucinations, slept, and then woke up feeling fine.

  • Feeling high - due to the flood of serotonin into his system - exactly what E is supposed to do.
  • No hallucinations - E does not directly cause hallucinations, it can only stimulate them. For E to 'cause' a hallucinations, it must be mixed with other drugs like LSD. Like a lot of drugs, you can never be exactly sure of what you are getting so you will never know if your next hit will cause hallucinations.
  • No depression - depression only sets in when you have completely depleted the serotonin levels in your brain. domaindudu may have only taken a light dose of E and consequently not drained his serotonin levels.

domaindudu, I don't wish you to take this as a personal attack, but your claim that 'all the things I heard about the drug are myths' is simply incorrect and I urge anyone thinking of trying ecstasy to make sure you really know the risks involved.