From the day that we are born until the day that we finally sail off on that great tax-free holiday in the sky we are constantly on a learning curve.
Whether it be learning to sit without our mom's having to hold our heads up or learning to play by the rules or even learning to do a writeup. It never stops.
Of course nobody's learning curve is identical to anyone else's. Nor is there ever only one learning curve to life. It's more like a roller coaster without the loops (or perhaps not).
But there are certain milestones along the way on each learning curve which can help you to orientate yourself on the curve.
- euphoria - 'Hey! this is easy'
- on the up - 'uhm, okaaay.. who put this bump here?'
- climbing - 'sheesh! Are you kidding me? Perhaps I should've stayed at home.'
- doubt - 'nope, can't do it - sorry, goodbye'
- perseverance - now this is where it gets hard...
- success - it speaks for itself doesn't it?
- euphoria - 'sure, no problem'
In the end there probably isn't a fool-proof approach to learning curves, but it all comes together in the perseverance bit.