Bester arriving and interacting with the central ensemble may be the most action in this Babylon 5 episode, but the most interesting interaction is between G'Kar and Londo.

The dust that is at the center of the episode is a creation of the Psi Corps, to create telepaths among normals, or non-telepaths, among humans--as Bester reveals at the end.

G'Kar takes the dust because it could be a weapon that can be easily hidden. Moreover, it allows the user to rape the mind of another. After the destruction of his home world by the Centari, and Londo's personal betrayal of him, that is what G'Kar intends to do.

But he gets more than he expected.

After assaulting Vir, and abducting Londo,G'Kar takes Londo's mind. Now, Londo is not an uncomplex character, and we see all the events in his life, and visions that he has. But as G'Kar prepares to go deeper, he has a vision.

G'Kar sees his dead father, murdered in the invasion of his home, hanging from a tree. Then, a vision of Kosh, as a Narn angel.

And the great warrior is changed.

Accepting punishment for his assaults, and use of a banned drug--kind of light it seems to me--G'Kar begins the contemplation that will make him a religious icon for his people.

And his own unrest is ended.

It is this episode, among many, that made Babylon 5 a fascination for me. Action yes, but also plot development, and character development, too.

Over the arc of the series we see real people grow into greatness. This is the value of fiction, science fiction, or other, no matter what the trappings.