Talk about archaic: These are the codes that show up on our little black and green screen from 1982. Ours doesn't work right, and we actually have to hit it to make it update the orders.

The tacos:

Soft Tacos start with S and Hard Tacos start with T, with a dash following to further specify the type. Note the glaring inconsistency between Chicken and Steak soft tacos. Both get lime sauce, so what's the deal? Next, we have burritos.

These hardly follow the one-letter prefix trend as set by the tacos. Who designed this? Next we have Gorditas and some oddities.

The / HRD we call "slash hard". This is another ridiculous thing. It takes about 2 months to learn to read this screen properly. In the next exhibit, we have the Value Menu:

The value menu seems to be designed well enough, except for uniformity, the Double Decker Taco should probably be called T-DD. Next we have the Fries and Nachos:

And the really fun ones, try pronouncing these:

And for some inane reason, the official name for the Fajitas are "Fajita Grilled Stuft Burrito". This blurs definitions and makes customers wonder if they are ordering Fajitas, Burritos, or something from the planet Mexico. I wonder what a real Mexican Fajita looks like. A woman drove up to the window and I asked her if she ordered a fajita, then she litteraly struggled to pronounce the item's full name, believing she was correcting me.

So there you have it. I would tell you to go to Taco Bell tomorrow and ask for an "S Spick" and a "fubbagist", but the codes differ from one area to the next.