user since
Mon Jul 25 2005 at 02:37:35 (18.7 years ago )
last seen
Sun Oct 9 2016 at 19:19:20 (7.5 years ago )
number of write-ups
2 - View suttle's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 7
mission drive within everything
Write more. Write better. Write more better.
most recent writeup
Power Everything
Send private message to suttle

My name is Mike. I teach high school English in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. I live and teach in a swell little town about an hour and a half from Washington, D.C.

Originally from a swell little town Michigan.

Lived in Phoenix, Costa Mesa, and Newport Beach.

I live with my beautiful, exuberant, soon-to-be wife with our three sons Hudson (2 and a half), Murphy (5 months) and Jackson (7 and a half).

I write poetry, songs, and short stories. I'm getting into writing non-fiction, but haven't become comfortable with it yet. I have non-fiction piece about a grandmotherly former neighbor who sent her son out to shoot my then three year old sister's cat out of a tree on her property. It was the first time I heard my mom say the "f" word. I was ten. I've been working on it for a while, but it doesn't feel right yet.

I have notebooks and notebooks (and bar napkins, sandwich wrappers, etc.) full of fragments and ideas. I let them ferment a while and then piece them together whenever and however they start to make sense to me.

Based on some of the msgs I received regarding my latest write-up "Power Everything", there seems to be some confusion regarding my gender When I first wrote the story, the protagonist was a man -- in other words the roles were reversed. Then it seemed to me more interesting to make the woman pull out into traffic to try to shut her husband up than the other way around.