This is a great School holiday idea, for persons of all age groups.
What you will need:
What To Do:
- Put the candle bits and crayon bits
into the frying pan.
- Melt them slowly over a low heat. Stir gently to
swirl the mix together.
- While the wax is melting, make a small hole (the width of the string)
in the bottom of the cup with the skewer.
- Thread the string through
the hole. It should fit snugly.
- Tie a knot underneath, leaving the string long enough so
you can hang your candle out to dry.
- Pour the wax into the paper
cup, and allow to cool for a short time.
- When it has firmed up, hang it up by the long string to dry.
To use your new candle, snip the
string at the top and the bottom. Leave just enough at the top to use for
the wick. Take away the paper cup before you light the candle.
Also - as an advanced idea. you can melt all the different coloured crayons in their own saucepans and then tip them in one at a time, forming layers of colours.