Pseudo God

  • I had never dreamed of meeting an actual deity until last night. It was representing itself as a Hindu god, perhaps Krishna, more probably Shiva. I am meditating in a bright candle-lit room when the space in the room's center expands and becomes distorted like a lens or fish bowl. It resolves into the general shape of a man, perhaps ten feet tall. The transparent space becomes tinted by moving images of star-jeweled midnights. The pure astonishment makes my belly feel like a helium balloon, and is enough to turn this right into a lucid dream. But this divine manifestation shimmering before me is from beyond the astral plane, beyond even my lucid powers of awareness. I awaken in my bed, breathing heavily, realizing I've just experienced the rare and sometimes terrifying encounter with something more real than yourself.

  • I've programmed a revolutionary new tool for object oriented programming which is basically a utility for converting pseudo code typed into the program directly into Java code in realtime. I am mostly impressed by the user interface, a dynamic and fluid animation of abstract graphical drawers.

  • I awoke from the programming dream and stayed in bed trying to recall the details of my creation. It took a while and led me back into another dream. I am on campus at UC Santa Cruz at Kresge College, on my way to the computer lab to take a second look at my software creation. In my haste, I try flying and it becomes a lucid dream. I perch on the edge of a roof and use the technique of looking at my hand and rubbing the palm with my finger. It increases lucidity and keeps one grounded in the dream body. I remind myself of my wish to try astral projection from a lucid dream, in hopes of initiating an out of body experience. Unfortunately, I am unable to find a quiet place to meditate and waste my time trying to take control of the noisy environment. I run into my artificial intelligence professor who has accidently decapitated himself. Someone is carting his body along with his head lying next to it. The head explains his predicament to me.