HAPPY BIRTHDAY POE!

It's Edgar Allen Poe's birthday, and all of Baltimore's in a tizzy. For anyone not familiar with Maryland and her dedication to the infamously dark and macabre writer, his piece, The Raven gave Baltimore the name for it's ever losing NFL team. S'all right, it's the thought that counts.

Anyhow, there was a watch last night in the church whose graveyard shelters his grave. Ever year, reportedly since 1949, someone has been leaving a bottle of cognac and a rose or two on his grave. I don't actually know if they know who it is who keeps this tradition alive, I think Baltimoreans or Baltimorons enjoy not digging too deeply into the mysterious.

I watched the news this morning, something I'm not very likely to be caught doing, and sure enough, the churchyard had a visitor around 2:00 this morning. The visitor was not wearing a black cloak as they have in the past, but was dressed for the ridiculous cold we're all dealing with here in Maryland. His face was covered with some type of mesh to conceal his identity. According to witnesses, there wasn't a possiblity of the late night visitor being a female. A shame. I wish I could get that job, I'd like to have a hand in upholding this bizarre occurance every year. Where do I sign up?

On a personal note, I can't seem to kill this travel-bug that keeps biting me in the ass. I've wanted for sometime to move to Arizona because I love the South West and I think my chances of finding employment in AZ are significantly higher than say NM, where my sister lives.

A lot of things are starting to fall apart in Maryland, there's absolutely no chance of my returning to Florida, and there's really nothing for me in North Carolina or Georgia anymore. I've gotten to the point where I think I should go wherever I think suits me the best. Where I'll be happy just being there, breathing the air. I think there's a possiblity of my being able to get out there by this fall. I have two jobs now, I'm getting a healthy return on my taxes to jumpstart any projects, and I have fewer and fewer things holding me back.

Hell, my family's all over the country, (none in Maryland, btw), I want to study Intermedia at ASU, and people who mean a great deal to me are heading out that way fairly soon anyway.

What's here? Lemme see. My best friend, Kashata, who has moved up here with me to the great state of Maryland, twice! now. But maybe I can convince her to transfer, I keep telling myself I can. My boyfriend, who's my buddy and not much else. He has a great job at Bell Atlantic that is finally giving him the leg up he needs to get somewhere, so I definently won't bug him to go again. Yeah, again. Poor guy, I talked him into Florida, and that went horribly at best. Besides, maybe this is the break we've both been looking for. And lastly but not leastly, the boyfriend's family, whom I'm convinced hung the stars and the moon. Some people might think I'm just taking advantage of a situation, but I love these people dearly and would put myself out on a limb for them anyday.

......so, I guess I have a lot to think about, huh?