|Greebo: in Birmingham, England, a person who considers themselves to be interesting and alternative. For the amateur, these can be distinguished by the following traits:|
- Jeans, flares or combat trousers large enough to fit the wearer down one leg of, which may be khaki or any colour which appears to have been mixed with khaki. Or, recently, bright purple.
- A variety of 'wallet chains' hanging down the side of one leg of these trousers to approximately knee level, none actually attached to a wallet.
- Hooded sweater in similar range of colours to trousers, usually bearing the insignia of Korn, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach or Nirvana. Occasionally the band logo is replaced with a witty comment such as 'psychobitch'.
- In Birmingham, a tendency to frequent the Flapper & Firkin pub and believe it to make them cool.
- Often adopt self-mutilation in large groups and then wander around comparing scars. In the same vein, believe that Papa Roach's 'Last Resort' is a deep, meaningful song that they can really identify with.
- Very rarely consider themselves greebos, but become 'goths' (black lipstick), 'punks' (oversized bath chain around neck), 'skaters' (skateboard on back, which they will amusingly fail to be any good on in public places), or the generic 'rockers'. I do know one who calls herself a greebo, though.
In years gone past greebos were almost nonexistent, however in recent months, as rock music has become fashionable once again, it has become the goal of many thousands of teenagers to purchase a shiny new pair of baggy trousers and mourn the passing of Kurt Cobain, resulting in the greebo population explosion.