Am I greedy, selfish and unable to live self-sufficiently? My sister seems to think so.

The majority of my life I have dedicated myself to helping out others, putting myself last and making sure everyone is feeling great. I like doing this. It makes me feel good about myself, and gives me a little extra reason to wake up in the morning. But, like everyone else - I have horrible attitude problems. I'm arrogant, unintentionally annoying, and overly clingy. But, generally, I'm a complete pussy when it comes to giving into my sister's evergrowing wants and needs.

My sister likes to have things her way. That's pretty much the way she is - and to stop a barrage of frantic, engraged insults and unadulterated screaming, (not that dissimular to of a 10 year old), people like to give in quickly and easily. This goes for both of my parents, her boyfriend, and myself. It's been happening since she was a little girl, and even now, at the ripe age of 17, she's still a complete and utter pain in the arse.

Last week I came across the bargain buy of a 1989 Hyundai Sonata, for $500. After a visual assessment and examination of the vehicle I decided to purchase it in the next few weeks. On calling my father that night, I mentioned the car to him, where I was then surprised to find out he was in the process of buying a car for me already. A 1987 Mazda 323 to be exact. Sure, registration and insurance were my responsibility, but I didn't mind at all.

Zoom to today. I got a phone call from my dad asking me if I wanted to see this car this afternoon. Yes!. So I travelled down to Graceville, anxiously awaiting the first glance and drive of my very first car. It was fantastic. (My favourite colour) Silver, Great condition, drove like a dream. We told the owners we would take it.

Later I arrived home and proceded to inform my sister about the car. Then suddenly, she jumps up and proceeds to scream incessentally about how the car is half hers as well and it doesn't matter how much I pay for everything in it, it's not mine and will never be mine. Forget the fact her boyfriend will drive her everywhere she wants, buys her whatever she wants and does everything she wants.

Who is the one who is selfish? My mother seems to think it's me.