The Lockheed F-117A is an assault aircraft which is virtually undetectable by radar and infrared sensors. It's stealth ability is accomplished by it's unusual shape and the energy-absorbing materials it is constructed of.

The aircraft was built in the Lockheed factories in California. It was developed after the harsh lessons learned at the air battles during the Vietnam war, in which many aircrafts were shot down by radar guided missiles.

The aircraft is constructed of metal plates, these face it's front and sides in a carefully calculated angle, reducing the reflection of radar signals. The wings are tilted back at a 67 degrees angle and the air vents are located at it's sides. In it's front there is a special grid which covers the engine parts to prevent their detection by radar signals. The long horizontal looking engine exhausts are located at the rear, covered by special tiles to minimize the heat signature created by the engines. A laser and infrared systems are attached to it's wings and front to allow the pilot manually aim and release the bombs above the desired target.

The Lockheed F-117A was developed in the late '80s under the project name Blue Have. In this project, a plane, 60% smaller than the F-117A, was developed -- two of these crashed during their test flight. The first prototype of the F-117A became operational on October 26th, 1983. The US Air Force purchased 59 units of the Lockheed F-117A, each took approximately 6 weeks to construct. The Lockheed F-117A remained top secret until it was detected on October 10th, 1988.

In 1991, the Lockheed F-117A proved itself in the Desert Storm operation against Iraq. The 415 squadron, counting 20 Lockheeds, left for Saudi Arabia on August 19th, two weeks after Iraq's invasion to Kuwait. The Lockheed F-117A were among the first aircrafts that arrived into the battle -- disabling well protected targets, nuclear facilities, operation headquarters and highly important factories. During that same attack, the F-117A was proven to be extremely precise and efficient at night time.

Yes, the Lockheed F-117A is that small, black, triangular looking one.