There are a few simple rules
of the order to use when brush
ing a stroke:
Horizontal strokes are written from left to right and are parallel.
- Vertical strokes are written from top to bottom.
- Hook strokes run from top left to bottom left or bottom right.
- Brushing of characters generally proceeds from top to bottom.
Brushing of characters generally proceeds from left to right.
Then there a number of other principles:
When strokes cross each other, horizontal strokes usually precede vertical strokes.
- In some circumstances the vertical stroke does precede the horizontal stroke.
- Centre strokes are written first and then the left and right strokes if the left and right strokes do not exceed two strokes each.
- Outside frames first, but bottom closure is last.
- Vertical strokes drawn through the centre are written last.
- Right to left diagonal strokes precede left to right.
- Strokes which cut through the middle of a character are written last.
- Characters should be of the same size.