Kathleen Edwards is a Canadian alternative country singer/songwriter. She was born in Ottawa, Canada, in 1979, the daughter of foreign service parents who played piano and guitar in their spare time. During her teen years Edwards delved into her older brother's collection of Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and Tom Petty records which would later influence her own musical pursuits. After high school she made a name for herself singing and playing guitar in local clubs and networking with other local musicians.

In 1999, Edwards recorded her debut EP, Building 55, and toured throughout Canada to support it. A tumultuous breakup led to a series of songs that would later become the basis of her debut full-length Failer, a heartfelt mixture of folk and country, which she recorded in late 2001. In 2004, Edwards headed back into the studio to record her second album Back To Me. In 2008 she began to show her true colours as a confident and strong songwriter with Asking for Flowers.

I had the great privilege of meeting Ms. Edwards in Ottawa at a concert a couple years back. She is very friendly, very attractive, and extremely down-to-earth, and I am proud to be a supporter of this understated local talent.

See more of Kathleen here.