And we can now add in the USA, compliments of the Supreme Court, involuntary piss tests. Happy Independence Day. In Board of Education of Pottawatomie County v. Earls, the question was whether or not schools had the authority to do random warrantless, suspicionless searches. As a Civil Liberties Junkie, the phrase "warrantless, suspicionless searches" is one that I'm not entirely comfortable with, to put it mildly. There are instances where such action is considered (not necessarily by me) to be fair, particularly in instances of safety (making sure the airline pilot isn't on bad crack, for example). As could be expected, Ruth Bader Ginsburg opines and is supported in the position that privacy violations are not really that important, and of course Clarence Thomas eagerly and vociferously concurs. After all the testimony and evidence, which largely showed that teen drug use is down and there really isn't a problem, the court, in it's infinite wisdom decided that it was OK for schools to do random, warrantless, suspicionless urine tests of students participating in extra-curricular activities because there might be a problem someday. Based on that logic, we should imprison all corporate executives and accountants because they might someday commit fraud. Then again, maybe this is a step in the right direction...