Citrus College is a two year community college located in Glendora, California, nested in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains.

Established in 1915 by Dr. Floyd S. Hayden, Citrus is the oldest community college in Los Angeles county, and the fifth oldest in the state. In 1915, Citrus had 28 students, and today has more than 11,000, residing on a 104-acre campus with more than 26 buildings.

Citrus College appeals to many students in the area in that it not only offers a traditional 18-week daytime semester schedule, but a variety of evening and weekend classes, distance education classes, integrated classes (half online), and asynchronous delivery to active US military personnel.

Citrus likely got its name from the massive amount of citrus fruit growing in Southern California in the early 1900s. For miles and miles around Glendora, orange groves were seen. Next door in San Dimas, lemons were the favorable crop.

The Haugh Performing Arts Center is located on the Citrus College campus. This theatre is a regular stop for road shows and even some Broadway features travelling around the west coast. Citrus College is also unique in that it offers a professional recording program, which provides an inexpensive education in audio engineering.

Partial Source: http://www.citruscollege.edu/about.htm