I've been ill for a while, and haven't been able to answer to any messages, for which I apologise. I'm back now.
If you don't play their games, you can't play with them at all.
Some statistics from my recent 4,5 month stay in Yemen:
- Rate of the good old Yemeni riyal: 1$ = 180YR
- Price of bread in Sana'a: 10 riyals
- Money spent on qat: 11 000 riyals (about)
- Money spent on cheap Syrian platform shoes: 26 000 YR
- Pairs of cheap Syrian platform shoes returned because they go to pieces: 2
- Money spent on alcohol: 2600 riyals, equalling two clandestine pints of beer and a double whisky at the Sheraton Hotel
- Money lost because of being cheated by shrewd shopkeepers: probably more than I think
- Money left: there wasn't enough to begin with
- Wins in Minesweeper: 60 (my am I sad or what)
- Number of over-hormonal sexually frustrated guys on the streets: hundreds... no, thousands
- Marriage offers: 3
- Embarrassing social faux-pas committed: 13 and counting
- Number of anonymous love letters received: 2
- Bottom gropes received: 30+
- Gropes received on various other bodyparts: 8 (the bastards!)
- Number of hours per day supposed to be dedicated to studying Arabic: 5
- Number of hours per day actually spent studying Arabic: 0,5 at most
- Number of power cuts in the last month: 28
- Public executions witnessed: 1
- Explosions witnessed: 1 (gunpowder incident in an internet cafe)
- Packets of vile Kamaran Abyad cigarettes smoked despite the self-imposed ban on smoking: 15
- Number of days when it was raining: 2
- Number of times I've wished I was somewhere, anywhere else: too high to count and getting higher every day
Number of write-ups: 50
Factual write-ups: 48
Non-factual: 2 (one of them my highest rep... *sigh*)
You know, I am a dull kinda person.
Nodes I'm going to write... sometime. Or you can write them instead.