A fairly new J-rap group, consisting of four MCs (Ryo-Z, Ilmari, Pes, and Su) and one DJ (Fumiya). Their debut single, Stepper's Delight released on March 22, 2001, riding the wave of the J-rap craze in Japan established them as very talented rappers. The group's style is more rhythm and funk based than most American rappers, as most J-rap is.
Their first album after their single Stepper's Delight was named "Five", because of the fact they have five members in their group, a fact they like to repeat many times within their songs. The album was released in July 25th of 2001.
Track Listing: FIVE
- Stepper's Delight
- ?????? (Couldnt Translate, sorry.)
- Judgement (feat. BLACK BOTTOM BRASS BAND & KYON)
- Hikaru Oto (Shining Sound)
- Talk To Me
- ???? ENTERTAINMENT (Again, requires Japanese text support)
- (I Could Have) Danced All Night
- Freak Show (feat. MELLOW YELLOW)
- Mata Au Hi Made (Until We Meet Again)
After this album, they continued to work on their next album, Tokyo Classic, named after a track from the album. Four singles were relased between the two albums, three which made it into Tokyo Classic. HakubiXXX, One, Funkastic, and Rakuen BABY. Three hundred and sixty-four days after the release of FIVE, Tokyo Classic was released. The album shows many different sides of the band, with some tracks such as Tokyo Classic more traditional Hip-Hop, but some such as Funkastic and Case 1: STAND PLAY being much more funk-influenced. All four MCs of the group also have songs featuring them, as indicated by "Case (X)".
Track Listing: Tokyo Classic
- *Introduction* CHICKEN featuring Breakestra
- By the Way
- Tokyo Classic
- Rakuen BABY (Album Version)
- Case 1: STAND PLAY
- Case 2: MANNISH BOY (ZEEK's Theme)
- ???? featuring Hirotaka Mori
- Case 3: Su-manship DE Mocorri
- Case 4: Bring your style (Yoru no Mori) (The Night Forest)
- Hanabi (Fireworks)
- Bonus track FUNKASTIC (Breakestra Version) featuring Breakestra
If you are interested in J-rap, I would definitely reccomend them.