One of the local cable channels is showing a Welcome Back Kotter marathon, of all things. Since the channel belongs to the cable system, Time Warner, and the Kotter reruns are owned by Time Warner, it's your classic cheap-programming-via-synergy ploy. But it's interesting to see a white-haired Ron Palillo hosting the marathon, and fun to pick out future stars like James Woods making guest appearances (though I guess Debralee Scott only counts as a star if you were a Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman fan). They haven't shown any episodes from the post-Barbarino Stephen Shortridge year(s) (weeks?), which I'm a little curious about, because I never saw them the first time around, having sworn off TV for the first time right about then.

The Missus had a Thanksgiving dinner surprise. Cuisine à la Jetson! -- an eight-ounce glass of water, and some tiny pills. Not sure of my Jetson lore, I didn't remember if the water caused the pills to expand into real food, or if the pill was to be swallowed, filling me as if I'd had the turkey, yams, stuffing, pie, and dog. I fled to the sanctuary of The Colonel, who, while he didn't have a turkey or turducken handy, provided ample substitutes for the pill-and-water "dinner" that would have befallen me.

I still have no place to live. I've been looking at apartments in the Lower East Side and East Village, perfect locations because I can just walk a few blocks during my lunch break to see them. They're all pretty much of ghetto quality (since this was, once upon a time, the ghetto, before all those unsightly dark-skinned people hijacked the term and took it uptown) and yuppie-scum rents, due to the popularity of the location, and the ability of many NYU students to have mum'n'dad fork over the benjamins for the rents. The location is perfect for me as well, since I can walk home in lieu of passing out at my desk, or walk over to The Missus' place, where I can enjoy some fine roasted peppers, albeit in the form of a little white pill with a glass of water.


Did You Know? The Rock doesn't go for all this "Did You Know?" stuff. The Rock has more important things on his mind, like the wording on the contracts The People's Noder signed with Titan Sports. The Rock isn't too happy to hear some rootie-poo actors using The People's Catchphrases in that commercial for the WWF Smackdown video game. So The Rock isn't too interested in all this "Did You Know?" stuff that that candy-ass pingouin likes to put in his lame day logs. The only thing you need to know is your role, if you smell... what The Rock... is cookin'!