Bernard Pivot is the producer and host of the popular French
literary television program Bouillon de culture
. He invented a questionnaire that, according to James Lipton
, serves as a "Rorschach Test
" to its takers. These questions are also featured on Inside the Actor's Studio
hosted by the aforementioned James Lipton. We can also hear them on Saturday Night Live
where Will Ferrel
does a quite comical
(although not quite accurate) impression of James Lipton.
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
- What turns you off?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?