Atari 2600 Game
Produced by:Activision
Model Number:AG005
Rarity:2 Common
Year of Release: 1980

This game was Activision's fifth game. It is an absolute blast. The graphics are simple, but it has a really great feel to it. This game is very similar to the PC game Ski Free. I played this game over and over again as a child, and I do admit that it still holds some fascination for me today. The graphics are almost non-existent, the sound effects are terrible, and it was surpassed by many later titles. Even with all those things going against it I still like to play this game from time to time.

You could get a patch from the Activision Club if you managed to complete the third course in 28.2 seconds or less. Although they stopped giving those away years ago, and you probably don't wear jean jackets anymore anyway.

From the instruction manual:
"When you want to maneuver, I suggest you tap your Joystick lightly to the
right or left to move your skis or change direction, rather than push heavily
on the stick. There are 8 different positions for your skis (see my diagram
below) and 15 different directions you can go (downhill plus two possible
angles for each left or right ski position). “
Bob Whitehead is the programmer on this title.

This game is valued at around $2 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more. The Atari 2600 is a machine whose time has come and gone. It was an awesome machine in its day. I even had one myself. I had an Atari 5200 and an Atari 7800 as well. But technology moved on, time moved on, and as it did it surpassed the console and the games. Today there are only a handful of Atari games worth playing in a world of modern games, and thankfully this is one of them. If you are still playing Atari games then you should probably have this one. I can't promise that you will like it, but you might.