so i really sometimes resent my mom. i find it so terribly maddening how she behaves sometimes.

in regards to my stomach pains, now that test results have come back normal, i think i have to try to figure out if maybe i'm crazy or stressed... feeling physical pain for non-physical reasons. i know stress won't turn my crap white, but...

see, and here's why i sometimes resent my mother. she's a certified looney. i mean like in and out of boobie hatches for years. scars on the wrists, burns on the arms, the whole deal.

when all your female relatives died of breast cancer, every bump feels like cancer. i'm in a similar situation. mom's a loon. dad's a loon. dad's mom is a loon. and i look just like mom, and it only makes things worse. how much did i inherit from her? why did she have to be nuts? i feel like everyone knows, and looks at me funny. assumes i'm a loon. i feel like i must factor in the possibility of insanity into every decision i make, every thing i say.

so yeah. i think i'll raise the question to my doctor. could i be nuts? could this be stress? should i go talk to someone? might that help?

and argh. the doctor told me to let him know if taking nitroglycerin during an attack helps... but i'm too chicken to actually take it. it's an old-people-with-heart-problem drug. i'm 24. the side effects can suck. and there's not been any studies done to see if it causes cancer in humans. oh hell no.
wake up. walk the dog, go to the store to buy a grow light and wind up finding an aeonium arboreum and a cute pink echeveria. almost picked up a gasteria and a small aloe, but didn't. i already have too many plants, so i should stick with my focus on the rosette forming succulents.

the echeveria is young, but it looks well. it is a hybrid called "Pearle von nuenberg". it has a nice pink and grey/green colour which can't be achieved without proper light. The aeonium is etiolated, many of the bottom leaves were dead, and the center is green. the etiolation and green center are signs of too little light, and i think overwatering is the culprit for leaf drop. it is a "swartkop" variety, and the whole rosette should be a dark purple black colour. it is not beyond saving, and i will try to turn it into a gorgeous specimin.

dunno what to do with the rest of my day. a top-to-bottom cleaning of the apartment? a long bath? visit my sister? maybe all of the above or maybe none.