A few years ago, I had an out-of-body experience at Point Reyes Station, which is the town located at this National Seashore. Well. it wasn't really out-of-body, but more like deja vu. It was my first trip to the west coast and myself and two acquaintances were driving northward up the coast. We stopped for lunch or brunch or something at the little cafe in town. Now I remember, it was breakfast, for while eating, I had the strangest sensation of having been there before. Obviously, I never had, not in this life anyway. So when we left the cafe, I slid in the driver's seat and prepared to drive,but, I couldn't stop shaking. Literally, I couldn't stop shaking; I had to let someone else drive.

A few years later, I returned to the Station House Cafe. The deja vu feeling wasn't there, but the cafe that stands "as a reminder of days gone by", was.

When the trains arrived here in 1875, there was no town. The railroad was initially built to gain access to the timberlands further north in Sanoma County. So, through the years Point Reyes was seen by many as a logging town, where loggers came either on their way to or from the woods.

Strangely enough, when I was 6 or 7, I had a nightmare in which I was killed in a logging accident. I was living in Georgia at the time.