Today she was riding her bicycle to work, breathing in the ripe spring air, the sun flashing behind tall buildings.

She was putting her jacket in her locker, hanging her helmet on the hook.

She was reading emails, writing emails, deleting emails.

She was walking to the café with her co-workers, carrying her red silicone cup, laughing.

She was taking phone calls, making phone calls.

She was taking a photo of her boss staring out the window, trying to think of a good caption.

She was sitting in the courtyard, shaded by a small tree in new bloom, eating falafel and a sliced apple.

She was straightening the things on her desk.

She was twisting a small bunch of hair between her fingers as she held the cursor over 'Send'.

She was reading a blog post written by someone funny, about a movie she hadn't seen yet.

She was setting out next week's appointments and meetings in the diary.

She was stepping out into the cool air, looking up to find an evening star.

She was choosing a bunch of bananas from the display, tapping her thumb on the handle of her basket.

She was brushing her shoes on the doormat, trying to fit the key into the lock with too little light.

She was on the phone with a friend across the world, listening, smiling.

I was sitting on the bus, thinking about her.