Amp is an energy drink made by the fine people who gave us Mountain Dew. A few years ago, there was a blurb in The Onion that explained how Mountain Dew led users to go on to harder beverages. How right they were. This concoction might now be my favorite beverage, as the original Mountain Dew is getting a little too bland and sweet for my adult tastes; a fact that was breaking my heart until I found this.

Mountain Dew's "Amp" comes in a spiffy 8.4 fl oz can with, get this, a GREEN TAB to open it with. It is also filled with several B vitamins to compliment my vegan lifestyle. Faithful to the original yet nutritionally pointless soda, it contains oodles of caffeine, Yellow 5, and, yes, brominated vegetable oil. It also comes with the hefty price tag of about $2/can, much like a drink at the bar. I feel like a grown up now.

Ingredients-Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, citric acid, natural flavor, orange juice from concentrate, guarana, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness!), sodium phosphates, maltodextrin, CAFFEINE, gum arabic, ascorbic acid (preserves freshness!), taurine, panax ginseng, calcium disodium EDTA (to protect flavor), potassium benzoate (preserves freshness), brominated vegetable oil, yellow 5, B vitamins: miacianamide, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, Vitamin B12 (great for the vegans), pyridoxine hydrochloride; Blue 1.

for more information, the sexy can advises you to visit their website at AmpEnergy.com. Bottums up!