Aerosmith is a metal/rock/pop band that started together in Boston in 1970, and is still producing music today. It featured a lineup of Steve Tyler (vocals), Joe Perry (guitar), Brad Whitford (guitar), Tom Hamilton (bass), and Joey Kramer (drums). I would go into more about their humble beginnings, but there is a better writup on this information.

In the (currently) 28 years Aerosmith has been in business, it has produced a heckuva lot of songs. It would be difficult for me to say that they've all been great. However, many of their songs make their way into people's personal top 10s and mixes. In athletics, several of their songs are prevalent (Dream On and Sweet Emotion, especially). They included their own versions of "love ballads", very acidic looks at bad relationships and hurtful longings - Falling in Love (is hard on your knees) and What kind of love are you on? contrast with You drive me crazy and I don't want to miss a thing.

They published their "Greatest Hits" after 7 years in the business, after 7 albums. They slowed "production", but continued to make music. While I wouldn't say their style has changed, they have definitely accomodated the current styles and topics. Their latest album, Just Push Play has several songs that blend Tyler's wailing voice with the slickness that is so prevelent in today's music. Jaded and Fly Away from Here spent a lot of time on the lists, on TV, and on the radio.

I wonder what they'll do next.

Aerosmith discography:

Discography cribbed from Alan Stuart, "The A to Z of Aerosmith" and others.

Thanks to StrawberryFrog for the start of this wu. He did one of the initial wu's, and scored a ching in the process. When it got nuked, I took some of his info for mine, to keep the information available. Again, thanks.

Aeorsmith's 1973 album, self-titled of course. Re-released in their 1998 boxed set, along with Get Your Toys and Toys in the Attic.
  1. Make It
  2. Somebody
  3. Dream On
  4. One Way Street
  5. Mama Kin
  6. Write Me A Letter
  7. Movin' Out
  8. Walkin' The Dog