See also: Lolth, Demon Queen of Spiders


Lolth (Queen of Spiders)

Dungeons and Dragons statistics:

  • Terrain: The Abyss
  • Frequency: Unique
  • Organization: Planar Ruler
  • Diet: Carnivore
  • Intelligence: Godlike (25)
  • Alignment: Chaotic Evil
  • Armor Class: -10 (-2 in Drow form)
  • Hit Dice: 14 (66 hp)
  • THAC0: 7
  • No. of Attacks: 1
  • Damage/Attack: 4-16 and webs (by weapon type)
  • Magic Resistance: 70%
  • Size: Large (Medium in Drow form)
  • Morale: Fearless (19)
  • XP Value: 13,000
  • Strength: 21
  • Dexterity: 21
  • Constitution: 21
  • Intelligence: 21
  • Wisdom: 16
  • Charisma: 3 (23 in Drow form)

Description

Lolth is a very powerful and very feared abyssal lord. When on the Prime Material Plane she usually takes the form of a giant black widow spider, though she also enjoys appearing as an exquisitely beautiful female dark elf. Very little is known of her aims, though it is well documented that she enjoys the company of almost any and all spiders whilst in humanoid form. She is also able to converse with all kinds of spiders, and they understand and obey her will unquestioningly.

Combat

During an encounter, Lolth is a formidable opponent. She may have only 66 hit points, but her extremely high armor class and magical resistance prevent most damage. She is also able to heal herself up to thrice per day.

In spider form, Lolth is able to cast web strands up to 30 feet long from her spinnerets equal to a web spell plus 1-4 points of damage to all webbed victims due to a poison excreted upon the strands. During the same round, she can also deliver a biting attack for 4-16 hit points plus death if the victim fails to make his saving throw vs. poison at –4. In humanoid form, she will use weapons common to Drow.

Abilities

As a giant spider, she can use any of her following abilities at will, one per round: comprehend languages, confusion, darkness (10-foot radius), dispel magic, or feather fall. Once per day, she may use clairvoyance, dimension door, domination, gate in a vrock (45%), glabrezu (35%), or hezrou (20%) with a 66% chance of success, summon 9-16 large (20%), 7-12 huge (30%), 2-8 giant (40%), or 1-4 phase (10%) spiders, teleport with no error, tongues, or true seeing. Twice per day she may use read magic, shape change, or phase door. In Lolth’s humanoid shape, she is a 16th level priest/14th level wizard with commensurate abilities. In spider form, however, she is unable to wear armor.

Notes

Non-magical weapons cannot affect Lolth. Silver does her no harm (unless magicked to at least +1) and cold, electrical and gas attacks will only perform ½ damage. Poison, Acid and magic missiles (if her resistance fails her) will affect her normally. She is extremely susceptible to holy water and will take 6 points of damage from a splash and 3d6+3 from a direct hit of the spirits. It should also be noted that Lolth’s visual range extends from the infrared to the ultraviolet range at a distance of 120’. Take careful note that she does also command a limited telepathic communication ability.



Source: A friend of mine, from one of his AD&D books.