Transforms from Walther P-38 weapon to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: MEGATRON

FUNCTION: COMMANDER
"Peace through tyranny."

MEGATRON combines brute strength, military cunning, ruthlessness and terror. Aches to return to Cybertron to complete the Decepticon conquest, but only after destroying all Autobots on Earth. Plans to possess all of Earth's resources. Incredibly powerful and intelligent. Fires particle beam cannon. Can link up interdimensionally to a black hole and draw anti-matter from it for use as a weapon. No known weaknesses.

  • Strength: 10
  • Intelligence: 10
  • Speed: 4
  • Endurance: 8
  • Rank: 10
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 10
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


What's not to love about Megatron? Sure he was the bad guy, but he was so good at it. The toy turned into a real-sized and realistic-looking (albeit plasticky) handgun, something Hasbro probably would get petitioned to death for in this day and age. (If the Transformers had occurred fifteen years later, Columbine probably would have been blamed squarely on Megatron toys.) In the cartoon, Megatron was consistently ruthless, aggressive, intelligent, crafty, strong, powerful, and sounded extremely cool whenever he fired his arm cannon. Every Decepticon respected him (except Starscream, of course) because he was brilliant and effective, plus he could turn them into smoking ash whenever he wanted.

He became much less impressive after he was recreated as Galvatron in "Transformers: The Movie." In fact, Galvatron was downright irrational from the movie onward (the episode "Webworld" dealt with this fact head-on). I blame Unicron for mucking with his head too much, although bad writing is probably just as reasonable an explanation.