Transforms from insect to robot and back!

INSECTICON: BOMBSHELL

FUNCTION: PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE
"The mind is my playpen."

Can turn foes into helpless accomplices by injecting cerebro-shells into their head (robot or human) with his stinger...gives him control of their minds...has a cruel sense of humor...arms himself by having his victims debase themselves. In insect mode this Insecticon can fly 5.7 miles. In robot mode wears head-mounted mortar...throws 50 pound explosive shell 8 miles. Cerebro-shells can be used against him if removed from victim's head.

  • Strength: 5
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 5
  • Endurance: 5
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 5
  • Firepower: 6
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


Of all the Insecticons, Bombshell was the oddest-looking; he was a rhinoceros beetle in insect mode, and in robot mode his head was buried in his shoulders with a big gun balanced over it. But we bought him anyways, because he looked cool. Getting a starring role in every young boy's favorite cartoon will do that for a toy.

The "cerebro-shells" mentioned in his tech spec were used exactly once in the cartoon, just to keep the nitpickers happy, and promptly proven to be ineffective so that we'd never have to worry about them again.