Its a warm night, the sun has just set and it has just cooled off to something slightly less than 90F. Its the type of night you just want to lay around in the nude with a fan blowing... fortunately its not too warm that you need to get the ice cubes out.

Hey! I said the temperature was hot... now get your mind out of the gutter... (its too crowded down here)

It was that type of night... and I was getting grumbles from my stomach. So I take short walk down to the main street and the question of where to go eat... some place cool and relaxing. I was at the micro brewery last night and I avoid going to the same place two nights in a row. Instead, I head to the Irish pub. Sunday at 9PM is quite nice in this pub... few people - nothing like the bustle of Friday night. Thats a good thing, I much prefer eating and drinking while sitting down. There are about four other people at the bar and a few scattered tables with people there. The music plays from the jukebox and all is well.

I pull up a chair to the bar, greet the bar tender and place my order. Its nice to be recognized at a bar... or any place for that matter. One of the advantages of being recognized and on good terms in a bar is that you get imperial pints instead of regular ones. Its the little things that makes one feel welcome.

So after a steak sandwich and French fries... and two pints of cider (which was wonderfully crisp and cold on a warm night) I found myself thinking about ice cream... It was an ice cream night. Somewhere awhile back, I had read about either Razzmatazz or Chambord used as an ice cream topping, so I thought I'd give it a try. This was the first night where it was warm, I was at a place with ice cream, and I was at a place that had a well stocked bar.

Liquor on ice cream?! You must be crazy. Not really - often people put different syrups on ice cream to add flavor. Think of this as a syrup with a kick. Vanilla ice cream and a berry syrup work very well together. The intense black rasberry flavor with a hint of honey with the cold classic flavor of vanilla... and a buzz to boot. I have also given a pineapple liquour a try over vanilla and found it to be very good - also reccomended is an orange liqour such as triple sec or grand marnier over chocolate ice cream.