I have a lot of MP3s. Perhaps more than I deserve.

But I like every single song that sits on my hard disk or offloaded onto CD. I am not in a position to download anything and everything I see on the Net for I own a crappy 56k. If I am downloading a song I don't know, it is because of a recommendation, or I am a member of an Audiogalaxy group.

I am a music LOVER not a liker, I can't help it.

It kinda pisses me off when I see college students (or perhaps people at a liberal workplace) with their T1's and seemingly unlimited storage space who have shitloads of MP3s but quite clearly do not listen to them.

Any genuine MP3 nut will know there are certain rules to follow:

  • Name your files correctly
  • Don't keep incomplete tracks
  • Don't keep (and therefore help spread) MP3s with glitches.
  • 'Download anything' people almost certainly won't want to spend an extra 20 seconds tagging and renaming a file, much less listen to the track in it's entirety to check for errors. (Or even if it's the right fucking song in some cases).


    So, I'm the "good" MP3 whore. I download because I want the songs.

    They are the "bad" MP3 whore. They download because they might as well use up some of their bandwidth.

    (Or maybe I'm just a jealous dial-up user who has to wait ages to get his illegal music?)

    Thank you for listening.