Actually it's November 4, 2009.

Yesterday I was thinking that I'd never had anything nuked as Lizardinlaw. Practically everything bloodworm wrote got nuked. Makes it hard to find poems when they were all resurrected under log dates, but I do not care. I thought I would get nuked for poems as Lizardinlaw during iron noder, but not so far. However, today I think I fixed that by posting How to Post a Writeup: Noding for Poets. I suspect I didn't go through proper channels. Also, my fuzzy language pissed some people off. E2 folks often bemoan the dearth of new writeups in the catbox, but the E2Help FAQs don't help unless you know computer lingo, which I didn't. Some of it is sinking in, but it's a slow process. I used HTML on the writeup for the first time ever, ha.

The existing E2 made EZ write ups remind me of my orthopedics books. As a family practice doctor, I don't describe fractures very often. Now and then, I'll have someone come in with a broken bone and I end up having to describe what I see on the x-ray to the orthopedist. It isn't very professional to say "Um, that lump on the end of the arm bone, uh, ulna, uh, the outside part, is broke and sticking out from where it ought to be." So I have an expensive fracture book where I can look it up and use more formal language. Then the orthopedist can tell what the hell I'm talking about and is more likely to see the person that day or really soon. And I can be confident that if they have me splint something, it is okay. It isn't worth my time to memorize it all because I don't use it enough. More precise language also helps me with the stupid coding/billing documentation. There is definitely a place for precise language about how E2 works, but computer language is off-putting, incomprehensible and/or scary to major portions of the population. You may scorn anyone who feels that way, but tell me there isn't some lingo that makes your eyes roll up in your head and your brain shut down. Literary criticism. 6 year old boys discussing power rangers. Unicorn anatomy. Memes.

Yesterday was an exciting day. Worked like a beaver on the business plan to get ready for my first bank loan meeting at 2:30. No, first I avoided the business plan by drinking tea and posting a poem and a prose on E2. There. Then I dinked around in the catbox. Then I dressed up in banker-appropriate clothes and makeup (except for the underwear. You'll have to use your imagination). Then I went out and got a mocha.

Then I got to work. I ran projections for income over the first 36 months and for expenses, six different ways, on paper and with a calculator. I know, I know, a computer could do it faster but frankly, it would take me longer to find a program than just do it. I went with the conservative pay for the doctor/ceo/business manager, which lowered expenses, and conservative income projection based on Medicare. I got acceptable numbers. A friend was helping and pushing me to get done: he typed it up while I hammered out the Executive Summary, Mission Statement, Business Environment, etc. The income projections are hooey and the expenses are more hooey. Some things I've priced and others were based on a business plan that we found on line. I didn't like the way that plan calculated the income/debt calculations so I changed it to make sense to me.

The really big thing is that I've actually convinced myself that it will work.

And took it to the bank. I liked the bank loan woman. We spent an hour going over things and she had an office person photocopy the massive pile of supporting documents. I'm excited about my medical office and could talk about it ad nauseum, which is probably what a banker likes to see. She thinks it will go Small Business Loan, which is what I expected. A private practice ain't worth beans no more for primary care.

I went home a bit high and spacey as hell. The calendar swore that the Introverted Thinker had a dental appointment but we went to the dentist and the orthodontist and they denied it. I left my water bottle at the dentist and then at the orthodontist. Didn't want to cook so we had a pizza when she got home from synchronized swimming. I think I went to sleep at 8 pm.

Maybe I ignored proper E2 channels because I needed to be bad to balance all the bank/business stuff. Maybe I've been in Simulacron3's aura too much. Maybe being irritating just comes naturally.