It has been a crazy week.

My daughter graduated from high school a week ago Friday. My son took the car he bought to get the wheels aligned on Saturday and was told that they could not be aligned. The struts were on the wrong sides. So he and the friend who did the struts had to redo them... though they did not have to rent the spring compressor again. On Monday the wheels were aligned. My son loaded the car and left for his cross country drive to Baltimore, to share an apartment with his girlfriend and both work in computers....

I felt like I was wandering around looking for my missing calf and wanted to low pitifully.

Busy clinic all week. I got released to 3/4 time working when I saw my doctor. I slept about ten hours every night. My son didn't think much of Mount Rushmore but agreed that the badlands are gorgeous. He stayed with a friend in Madison, WI that I have not seen since about 1988.

At 10:30 on Friday he blew a rear tire 80 miles from his destination. Then broke his socket wrench. I knew about this by text. "Hope someone stops" I texted back "but not an axe murderer". Someone did stop and he arrived at the apartment by 1 am. Whew.

Yesterday I puttered and put things away and did laundry and went to a medical staff afternoon thing. There was wonderful paella. Apparently the rumors about me have died off and the other physicians talk to me, which feels rather weird. One even said that she knew I'd been sick and what happened. Hard to believe rumors when I stay present and look not only healthy but good.

I need to sort paper at home. After the mountains of paperwork on and off the computer in the clinic all week, it's hard to get myself to do it on the weekend. But I will try today....

My daughter goes back to Thailand to teach in the small town with the group again, in two weeks. And then she is back for a few days and then I'll have her around for a few weeks in August....

just me and the cat....