....I don't need to be fixed. Just to heal.......


We're only whole when we're broken.

In the ER for six hours, Rachel was fixing threads in a weaving project. I said, "What about perfection being an insult to Allah? You are supposed to leave an error on purpose."

Rachel said, "The native americans think so too."

The IT said, "The error is when you think you're perfect. There will still be microscopic imperfections that you can't see."


It's easy to be blind when you think you're alone.


Resting heart rate 105 and walking slowly bumps to 125. Normal 60-100. Once again, like running a marathon, though now that I know it's autoimmune, this is the fifth serious illness.

Got my knitting out. On with bedrest. How about a pool? How long will lizardinlaw be out from clinic?
Will her patients return?
Will the hospital provide coverage since they have required that she not even look at a lab?

Should she ever return anyhow? That, o best beloveds, is the real question.......

Discrimination is interesting. If I have a heart attack, that is acceptable. If I were bipolar, not really. Now, does an autoimmune disorder that affects behavior fall into the first category or the second?

Justify your answer.

Or do you treat the heart attack patient and the bipolar one the same?

And it seems that broken heart syndrome is ok: it's not a person being crazy.

Even though it's emotion that broke it.

Really, I'd rather work with a heroin addict then someone who treated a bipolar person differently than a heart attack person. I find that heroin addicts are a fucking lot more honest with themselves and with me.