27 hours without sleep.

I got to DJ in Miami Beach early this morning. What fun!

My Miami friends are wonderful. They're always preparing for the next party. The island parties are the best, especially when we can get a boat. This one was in a small club at the bottom of a hotel right on the beach. We were late as usual. My friends love to 'bang it' but getting there is usually an adventure.

There were three rooms. The main floor which progressed from tech house to hard acid techno. A "VIP" room with psy and goa trance and a chill room with ambient. That is where i played. Scaring folks with harsh ambient sounds. I didn't deserve to be there. But friends are cool and mine like variety.

I also made a possible connection to hang my blacklight paintings in other clubs. This is a good thing.

It was a positive evening. On the way home I shared the backseat with a speaker. The morning sky changed from gray to red to orange to blue. The clouds to the north looked like mountains on the horizon. I don't know if it was lack of sleep or the chill of the highway wind, but I got goosebumps as I looked out the window and watched the urban sprawl race by. Everything looked so magical. The car's shadow on the wall dividing the north and south bound lanes. The sun's reflection in glass buildings. It's rays turning everything yellow and red.

I won't go on because I can't possibly explain it. The driver was blasting psychedelic trance. Each time the mix climaxed, I felt little more sleepy. A little more euphoric. It's been a long time since I felt this way.

Sometimes when it feels like it can only get worse, it gets much better. I am about a foot from my bed, so it is much much better.