A familiar place...

A place where you'll find the safety of the universal language of KFC, Golden Archs, and Wendy's. Maybe it won't taste right, but it's the same chicken on the mainland and it'll do. A lot of western convenience don't work quite the same way--like the super hot bath replaced by a valve spitting crystal cold water on the beach--but they'll do just fine. You probably forgive it all soon enough. Wow, so many things makes up for any shortcoming and more. Like the 5 trillion watts double rainbows following your whistle while you drive through Pali highway.

A small town attitude...

The locals place their hard-working spirit into much more important issues. Such as church activities, cultural issues, volunteering, enjoying school activities like high-school or University sports, and of course fun (there's parties every week if you blend in). And oh yes, the 8am-5pm responsibilities of doing thing that will pay the bill. This is important, as the locals get charged practically the same high prices as tourist even at your local Safeway. People drive for hours to the opposite side of the island to visit and have tea (hot dogs and Plate lunch) with the Ambassador of Consumerism (Costco) once or twice a month with good reason. Bring a big Igloo chest filled with re-chillable ice packs, make it two chests, and that extended cap four doors pickup.

What gravity?...

There's innumerable cool and unique places to get a treat at reasonable (local) prices, where as you probably can count the number of real local food places cooking on a tiny island like Anguilla or Saint Barth with your hands and feet. (Please count for me while you visit the Caribs, I can't count past 20!!) The more you drive the more you wanna stop and try it all. It's so sorry to end up visiting Hawaii for just a week if you love food and drinks.

Well, there, I covered 0.0001% of what local life is like I guess... Am good everything2ian tarzan no?