According to www.cocktail.com:

Shake the ingredients in a shaker with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

-OR-

According to www.webtender.com:

  • 1 1/2 oz tequila
  • 3/4 oz green creme de menthe
  • juice of 1 lime

Shake ingredients with ice and strain into cocktail glass.


Either way, it sounded pretty nasty to me. So of course I had to try it. Because I prefer limes to lemons, and because I have a low tolerance for alcohol, I used one and a half ounces of tequila, half an ounce of lime juice, and a teaspoon of creme de menthe.

This is not something to drink if you've got chapped lips. Ouch! Almost immediately, I spilled half of it down the front of my shirt. Oops! This combination was truly vile, so I spilled the rest of it down the sink and mixed up another one - this time with 2 ounces of tequila. Maybe if I had bought better tequila, it would have been more of a success.

Oh well. Back to the kitchen. My next attempt involved one and a half ounces of tequila, three quarters of an ounce of creme de menthe, and half an ounce of lemon juice. This proved to be the most palatable mixture yet. It reminded me of cough drops. Although it was better than the first two, I still couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Today's lesson is twofold:

  1. The third time's the charm, and
  2. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.