As said many times before, Blade Runner is one of the most prominent and influential science fiction films of all time. Particularly, its visual design has become one of the references in Cyberpunk. Every little detail in the film fits perfectly, be it thanks to careful choice or pure chance (Ridley Scott said about the presence of fans that they were there because they look cool), and sometimes in detriment of other factors, like for example, the plot.

As much as Blade Runner is a visual feast, it is quite interesting to watch in detail to catch all of its problems. For starters, one of the most striking sequences is totally pointless and out of place (which probably was known to the writers, but thankfully, they left it in and it has become one of the most memorable scenes in modern film).

Deckard comes back to his work as a Blade Runner. Bryant shows him the photographs of the replicants he has to retire. Then he asks him to test the Esper Machine, the device used for performing Voght-Kampff Empathy Test, which decides whether someone is a skin job. The new Nexus 6 replicants are so perfect that the Police is worried about the results of the test, so the Tyrell Corporation provides a test subject to evaluate the machine.

But, why? They have got the photographs of Roy Batty, Pris and company. And when Deckard finds them later on, he doesn't ask them whether they like their chicken roasted, he just tries to retire them.

Of course, Deckard's test on Rachel is one of the staples of sci-fi movies, and it has exceptional moments (the window blinds, Is this testing whether I'm a replicant, or a lesbian, Mr. Deckard?), but it isn't very coherent.

Further fun might be had at the wonderful disappearing replicant. Just try keeping track of the number of replicants left at various parts of the movie. This (and many other factors) has led to the big question: Is Deckard a replicant?. Everyone has a particular answer (I agree with Ridley Scott and disagree with Harrison Ford, btw).

Anyway, with all of its faults (and perhaps, thanks to them), Blade Runner is the must see for cyberpunk fans.