- / +

  • Traveling through the winter woods, possibly by sled. There was another gray cat and I was terrified it would get mine pregnant. I tried to figure out a force field for him.

  • I wasn't allowed to talk to edebroux but I tapped on the window and she looked up smiling. She was exhausted of course but beautiful. Her baby was a little brown boy and threw his fists around. His eyes were open and he knew what he was looking at.

  • I was describing things right; it was second nature. I was blessed by many kinds of love.

  • What size is that? I asked in wonder, looking at the bra he held. It was massive. Before he could check the tag the woman behind me yelled "44 Loud! I'm black and I'm proud!" I was jealous.

  • Lying on my back in the grass in a circle with a bunch of my kids. J. Michael was to my left and laughing, having a wonderful time. We all shifted to the right and bumped into each other and laughed. Someone started a water balloon game and I ducked out, but not before throwing a sheet over Patrick's head. I ran; I knew he would chase me. I hid in my parents' house, which was dark - I knew his eyes would take a minute to readjust when he came in, so I didn't really have to hide, just wait in the shadows. While I waited I went through the checks I needed to deposit. They were all on neon paper. My mother walked by and wanted to talk about something that embarassed me. I waved her away.

  • Touring the frathouse. A huge chamber I wasn't supposed to see, with a fireman's pole in the middle, extending up to where I couldn't see it anymore, hundreds of feet high. It had to do with some foul ritual, and I was repulsed.

  • I called my big sister for help. My voice had gotten older.