- / +

  • Backstage I couldn't find my shoes so I wore hers. Came out to find that I was either with Jerry Seinfeld, or I was him. He didn't want to sit alone on the pretend train but he didn't want to sit with a weirdo either. There were only a few seats left. One man had no sense of smell and another was very smelly, and Jerry was trying to get them to sit together, but they wouldn't.

  • They watched me to make sure I took the pill. It went down hard. I thought it was an antidepressant but I felt my body slump to the floor. I woke up in a darkened cage. I was alone for a long time. When they took away my medical license they circled the cage and chanted together the words that removed my powers. I tried to make them understand but it was much too late. They left me in the dark.

  • It was almost as if the shooting was being presented to us as entertainment. All the angles were good, and we were close to the action. The right things happened in slow motion, and there was plenty of blood to convince us there was death happening all around us while we whirled and jumped and tried to decide who to save.

  • I wanted to tell everyone about these incredible books and I decided to write the best passages on index cards and leave them around the city. The tall cruel man in my living room snatched it out of my hand and sneered at it. If you want to waste your time with this kind of shit - He was gone. I did want to waste my time with this type of shit, and I kept writing.

    Who else was there - James or Mike? So creative and full of surprises and it was nice to not have to think of him as a danger anymore. We were both excited - I handed him a sheaf of paper - we were millions of ideas waiting to formulate.