- / +

  • Dan Ackroyd or knarphie drove me to my trumpet lesson. Getting out of the car he said and don't go bringing your damn vampire stories with you. They hate that.

  • At Pete's house which turned into his neighbor's house, Greg was there but older, a bunch of people I didn't know, and Alicia's older sister Fred. I opened a drawer and found a tiny basket full of stone monkeys. Could not get the damn drawer shut again.

    Some guy handed me the shoes I had left there, red heels. I held them and knew they were important.

    Petted Jamcracker before I left. he would not show any affection for the other kitten, frustrating everyone.

    I went to move things from one of my cars to the other. Why did I have two cars? Why did I have two battered metal Gremlins lunchboxes with the handles broken the same way? It was Sunday and there was a line of cars waiting eagerly for me to leave a parking space.

    Met Pete again in a different building. I don't think I ever did move my car. Meredith was there and leaned on me hard. We were in the gym, sort of, but everything was in black and white and the ocean was in the middle of the floor. What was more disturbing was the fact that physics had gone all wonky - a football bounced in my direction and thudded to the carpet at my feet. Meredith was worried, excited. Did you see that? I had, but I shhhed her and watched the gray waves not rising or falling, just kind of sludging forward against their invisible bounds.