Just typed in 2009 for the date if that gives you any indication of how well my mind is working tonight. Typically I am an early riser, but this morning I woke up five minutes before I needed to leave for work. By some miracle and the fastest shower I've taken since I had to shower in my neigbor's fifty-eight degree bathroom when our well went out I was able to punch in on time. I was very tired at work and thankful that my boss wasn't there. I love her, but the other women I work with don't get as much done as she does so I didn't have as much to do as I normally would have. Another way to say this is we left a lot of work for other people, but I think that will change as new people come into our department and others leave it.

One of the women I work with came into the store with her daughter. I'm not sure what is going on with her, I think she may be very insecure since she tries to assert herself when there's no reason, I was relieved I didn't have to work with her today and it doesn't look like I'll be seeing her tomorrow either. After I got off I bought a few groceries and sat outside eating. A cashier I hadn't met before was super nice when I was checking out, the woman who bagged my groceries is a total sweetheart, my discount card wasn't working for some unknown reason, I'll have to ask HR to investigate that mystery, but I was given the discount anyways even though it was extra work for the busy cashiers.

After work I drove to the mall intending to buy some three quarter length shirts I can wear to work. Instead of stopping there I bought myself a new wardrode from the skin out. I don't do that very often, I'm very pleased with my purchases despite the price. Our store is an interesting mix of demographics, hippies and hipsters brush shoulders with the wealthier patrons and middle aged moms who are trying to stretch their organic grocery dollars. Unlike many other grocery stores in the area where the employees are all the same homogenized color we have a better mix of races and ethnicities. Another nice thing is the number of women working as members of management and how the men in charge treat those women.

My department will be acquiring a man on Monday. He's coming over from the deli department, I had a chance to talk to him in the breakroom last night. He's into gathering his own herbs, tea, and various Eastern religions. He doesn't know as much about the supplements and vitamins, but I explained that each of us has our niche and his knowledge will be welcome. Today I bought two pairs of yoga pants and don't fall over dead or anything, but I did a few minutes of a yoga DVD I've had for ages and used to really enjoy. I didn't finish the entire thing, I probably could have, but I wimped out. I'm still encouraged that I did a couple of minutes, I also took an extremely short walk which was nice since the weather was gorgeous.

A friend of mine gave me some very welcome feedback. Another friend of mine was supportive in another way. I have to work at 8:00 tomorrow morning, I think the same girl I worked with yesterday will be in with me again which is okay, except she's so chatty that I'm amazed any work gets done. It's great that she has many friends at work, but people need to understand that work comes before chit chatting with friends. I'm trying not to be a total hard ass right away, but it's really frustrating to see people standing around when there's piles of products cluttering up the desk and stacks of papers that need to be dealt with laying around. Customers have to navigate around our cart and it's easy to steal expensive products that are just laying out in plain sight.

I decided to stop keeping the food diary for now. It's just too stressful when I'm starting a new job. I'll go back to it at a later point in time. I think next time I'll either find different questions or come up with a list of my own. I requested information on an apartment I could potentially rent that is very close to where the girls live when they're not with me. Hopefully it isn't next to smokers and no cats have ever lived there. The location is nice, very centrally located and not far from the freeway, would cut down my drive time to work if I live there which would really help me out, especially as winter nears. I'm really excited. I feel like I'm on the right track and headed in the right direction. This is a very welcome change, thanks to all who have supported me during my journey

 

Modified food diary:

Skipped breakfast due to late wakening. Ate a bunch of samples at work - Vitamin C, D, and a joint supplment chew.

Strange lunch which I ate outside on one of the patio tables. Some jicama slices, a peach from another employee, a gluten free lemon tart that should have been two servings - I ate the whole thing along with some cookies and kombucha. 

Supper was also bizarre. I ate the rest of the box of cookies and some other stuff, I can't remember exactly what. Just finished more jicama, some melon, and some chicken. Figured I should get some protein and at least one somewhat normal meal in my system today. Going to be buying some digestive enzymes and a couple of other products at work. Better health will be mine. I just need to get over this crazy emotional eating and prepare better. Energy was low in the morning, unsurprising after the junk I ate last night, things will improve going forward. Working there is going to be very good for my overall health and wellbeing. Super excited about this new opportunity.