At the last place I worked, we had someone who thought he could handle the insanity which is Dave's Sauce. He was a miniature hard ass, a really weird quiet kid who despite being 5' tall, and weighing less than 100 lbs, was to join the Marines in a few months. He said "yeah, hot sauce, no big deal." So we dared him -- we'd place a drop on a saltine, and he had to go for as long as he could without anything to drink. He gladly agreed, and told us that he'd be able to drink straight from the bottle.

At that point, we told him that if he did that, it'd be suicide. Besides, the stuff was the collector's edition, coming in its own wooden box.

So my coworker brought in the bottle, as planned. We did not have a saltine, we had a couple of nacho chips -- which works even better. We asked him how much he wanted, he said "pour, and I'll say when." Normally, one drop will nearly incapacitate a full-sized man for a few minutes, so we gave him a drop to start out with. He wanted more, and reluctantly, we gave him more. Remember, this dare was for him to NOT take a drink of water for as long as possible. We probably ended up with around 6-7 drops of the sauce before we decided that any more would kill a man of his size. He tackled the chip head on -- put the entire thing into his mouth, chewed and swallowed. About 5 seconds later, his face turned the brightest shade of red I've ever seen, he broke out a sweat, yet he insisted (with a really weird voice, as this stuff can really mess you up), that nothing was wrong, it was "wussy" in its strength, and he could handle more. As soon as he ended that statement, he got up from the table, ran out of the room, only to reemerge 15 minutes later.

He mysteriously disappeared the next week. It is not known whether or not Dave's Insanity Sauce was to blame.