Lets get this party started:

January 3, 2002 - Added a linkview displaytype via document linkview page. It is viewable when you are at the bottom of any writeup. This is in response to a suggestion by pythagorous over email.

Also played with some of the parselinks calls inside of message inbox. No major fixes quite yet.

January 5, 2002 - Changed the link at the bottom of the vitals nodelet to go to the internal E2 Merchandise doc, instead of the EDC one, which is largely obsolete. This was per roguepoet's suggestion on SourceForge. My thanks to him for pointing that out.

January 6, 2002 - Lost that nodeshell you made? Well you should be able to find it now if you look at Your Nodeshells. Genius? Stupidity? Don't blame me, they're yours.

January 9, 2002 - Fixed the color problem with document linkview page, and viewlinks. BGCOLOR="$$THEME{oddrowcolor}" and class="oddrow" are nigh the same, it turns out.

January 12, 2002 - Rejected a patch by ocelotbob for Your Nodeshells that would allow people to see other people's nodeshells. I consider this a privacy concern, and future patches of this nature will also be rejected. Yes you can find nodeshells that people created, but I think this is a personal place where people don't need to intrude.

Added a patch by ascorbic to link the titles within document linkview page.

Removed a patch by quoi? per his request as the functionality had already been implemented.

Reviewed and implemented an idea presented by magicmanzach in a patch. Basically document linkview page needed cleaning up for superdocs, so that has been fixed up. Better detection of what is /not really/ a text link, etc.

Applied patches by Chris-O to remove the JavaScript alert from the large Message Inbox box. The previous code has made it into a codearchive. Again, my thanks

Applied patch by Chris-O to the Notelet editor that adds some Javascript (similar to the script that I removed) to the Notelet Editor. It needed some retooling, but it's a good idea.

Removed a patch by s_alanet for Message Inbox DOM compliance. I couldn't tool it into something that'd work with IE, Netscape, and Opera. I've backed it up to Message Inbox JavaScript DOM compliance patch backup.

Applied a patch by ascorbic that changes the way messages are sorted by id instead of tstamp when using Universal Message XML Ticker.

Applied the sum of a few patches by mblase to Message Inbox JavaScript that should increase compatibility with Opera4 and make things a bit more standard.

Applied a patch by da-x to add support for very compact timestamps in parsetimestamp. I'll let N-Wing do the rest of the integration work into the current list for localized tstamp prefs.

January 15, 2002 - Fixed a problem pointed out by fuzzie where you could patch arbitrary fields, such as passwd or something like that. This was fixed by adding a field whitelist... as patchable fields. Added update and create maintenances for patch that takes care of this. (I HATE maintenances)

January 16, 2002 - Small change to showfooter to remove the call to tagline data, so that we don't call something that has nothing in it's nltext anyways. If we ever decide to use it, it's trivial to revert back for sure. And we save one node lookup per page. Woo hoo!

Removed the groupeditor inside of nodeball edit page, as it was gumming up the works.

Added htmlpage's page field to the list of patchable fields.

January 17, 2002 - Fixed newwriteups2 to be faster. This causes a noticable speedup, by leveraging the nodecache the correct way.

Not that this place isn't a bottomless hole of performance fixes ;), but I removed the general nodelet container from the list of container upstream items to hit. Initially, general nodelet container was a container aggrigator; something that mainly decided what theme it was going to choose, (and thus what path of containment to go up). This was code that we could easily include inside of Everything::HTML->insertNodelet() because all of the same variables are exposed there. This means one fewer node lookup per nodelet per page per user. It's a small change, but a fairly decent win.

January 19, 2002 - Fixed two small places where lastnode_id was useless. One was on the ekw writeup display page, the other one was on classic user edit page. mkb gets credit for the hunt-down on those bad boys.

January 21, 2002 - Thanks to arieh for pointing out that the ekw_titlebar had useless lastnode_id links in them. Cleaned those up.

When a patch of yours gets applied, you now receive a note telling you so. The changes made were to applypatch, and were the result of a suggestion by da-x.

January 22, 2002 - Very proud to announce the e2node chaos page. It manifests itself as the chaos link at the bottom of e2nodes. Enjoy the bit of wisdom in the noise.

Applied phase two of da-x's patch to bring all of the timestamps into alignment. This syncs up the messages in showmessages.

January 28, 2002 - Per fuzzie's suggestion, removed the Content Editor and above restriction on chatterlight and inboxlight. Enjoy them. Wharfinger gets credit for the ideas.

January 29, 2002 - Sweeped through the codebase eliminating unsafe ownerships (ex-administrators who have code-executable docs, etc). In the process, we chnaged around ekw writeup display page, ekw user display page, and ekw e2node displayfull page. Apparently changing the owners of those docs somehow strangely disabled them, so I re-ownered them to wharfinger, for the time being.