Went to Boston Market today for lunch. Never been there before. Awesome meatloaf.
While at work, my mom calls me and tells me that my cousin is going to be in town tomorrow, and that I should take the day off tomorrow to drive up and meet her. I normally would scoff at such a suggestion, since I try to keep pretty reliable and non-spontaneous in my work schedule; so getting a day off of work the following day is sort of a strange request coming from me.

I'm not really too eager to meet my cousin, even though we spent a lot of time together when we were like 7 years old because we were living nearby, I don't have any idea what to expect because she will certianly not be the same person 18 years later. I'm not much of a fan of meeting family members anyway. I don't really know very many of them very well, since my parents moved down to Florida 18 years ago, while most of the rest remained in Indiana.

Anyway, since tomorrow is voting day, I need to drive up to my parent's house anyway to vote. This is like 100 miles, so it kind of sucks. I don't like driving that far becuase it's just plain boring, and everyone drives like 80-year old pissed-off drugged-up alcoholic maniacs on cell phones in South Florida.


Since I got the day off tomorrow, I left a message at work on my desk:

じょせふ休本日


I've been studying japanese writing, if you can't decode what's above. I just paid $40 for a program called "kanji hanabi" by ordering through a store on amazon.com. It's supposed to send me an email so that I can download the program immediately after paying, but I've been waiting two hours now and haven't gotten anything. I hope it arrives before tomorrow, so I can keep practicing my kanji while I'm bored at my parent's house tomorrow.

I got a call on my answering machine from the gym today.. They want to schedule a time for them to show me around and set me up with a plan. I really need to lose some weight. I was hoping that I could get started right away, but it looks like it's going to be Thursday at the earliest that I can get a tour, since tomorrow I'm skipping work to go to my parent's, and I will have to return their call on Wednesday while I'm at work, so that I can set up a time to get the tour (which would be Thursday at the earliest).

I work from 12 noon to 9pm so sometimes stuff like this can be a bit weird, but it allows me to get some stuff done during business hours if I manage to get my ass out of bed before 11am.


I was reading through this node and saw Infinite Burn's comment that it would be cool to downvote candidates. I wish this were possible, it would certianly make things interesting since we're really choosing the least of the evils anyway. Perhaps people could have the option to choose to upvote someone or downvote someone (for those who don't really care who wins as long as it isn't candidate X). I'd probably choose to downvote GWB rather than upvote anyone.