11:10pm

I got up early today to get over to college and get a parking sticker. I got over there, and all of the visitor parking spaces were taken and I could see a line out the door. I decided not to get the parking sticker today, and instead go back to my apartment, park my car there and walk to class. It's only about a mile away, so it wasn't a big deal considering that I do 3 miles on an average night on the treadmill.

I went by the bookstore, picked up the books for my class and headed over there to arrive about 10 minutes early. I picked a seat in the front and center. I'm there to learn this stuff, I'm not so concerned with the credit as much as learning the language.

Our teacher came in and she talked japanese to the bewildered class for about 2 minutes, before introducing herself in english. We then went over a simple introduction including how to properly bow. Hajime mashite josefu des. Doozo yoroshik. Finally we went into the hiragana table and practiced writing the first 15 hiragana: a あ, i い, u う, e え, o お, ka か, ki き, ku く, ke け, ko こ, sa さ, shi し, su す, se せ, so そ).

It was a great class. I can't wait to go back, and I think I'm really going to dig into this and really learn it. It's such an interesting language.

After class, I walked back home and got into my car without even going back into my apartment. I drove to work and had a fairly productive day. I got hit with a bunch of stuff right in the beginning, which I sorted through fairly quickly.

Nobody asked me how my date went. :( I guess everyone was just busy, since it was the first real full week back to work after the holiday season. I mostly wondered why neither TC nor JS had anything to say. They knew I was all tense about it on thursday and friday and they were quite supportive then, but then not a word today about it.

CR is a strange variable in the equation. He has been friends with Sara for over a year now, and he was one of the people who set me up with her and was encouraging our relationship. I sometimes want to talk with him about her, but I don't want to put him in an awkward situation by asking him about her. Am I just being paranoid?

Oh well. I don't mind taking my time and learn things on my own with her. I will see Sara tomorrow night, that's all that matters. I'm happy.

I spent two hours at the gym tonight. The last time I was there was a few days ago, so I had to make up for it. My weight was 2 lbs lower than the last time I checked it there. It's hard to tell exactly how my weight is going since it can fluctuate by 5 pounds easily depending on if it drank a lot of water that day or if I just ate or not. All I can go by is that there seems to be a general decline in my weight overall. I was there tonight until they closed. Good thing it's not open 24 hours or I'd probably have trouble knowing when to stop.

I wrote down a few things I need to get done in the near future. Sometimes I think this will help me to get it done. Sometimes I feel like I'm just making the same list over and over again. I wish I had more to add to this list, though. I could probably get it all done in one weekend if I wanted to. I need to find stuff to do around here.