A satyric poet, a wine-priest, an idiot dreamer, a poet-god, a cold logician, a visionary philosopher, & a disoriented human being. A Fool of the World. A scholar. Criminal, Saint, Madman, Savior, Heretic, Average Joe, Priest Of Lost Gods, Seeker of Miranda, Walker of Lucid Dreams, Father Who Is God On the Lips of Two Children, The Man In Black. You cannot see me or hear me, you cannot know me from these words.
I'm back... been some time gone, but I'm trying to get back into this E2 thang. (01-26-04)
Yeah, that didn't work (getting back into the E2 thang) -- between real life, MySpace (sigh, yes, I caved), and The Art Of The Mix, my net time is largely spoken for. Ad astra per aspira. (02-05-08)
My space on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jack_thorn
My Livejournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/thurisaz/
- THorn / THurisaz
- Dionysus / Dionysos, The Cult of Dionysus and the Eleusinian Mysteries
- Of Gods and Men: The Orphic Cult, Greek Religion, Judaism, and Christianity
- Aspects of Pagan Mystery Religions in American Rave Culture
- Fight Club -- This is your life
- Beautiful things that have made you cry
- Leonard Cohen -- Hallelujah, Sisters Of Mercy
- How to stop taking yourself too seriously
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
- circular breathing
- Zen, Koans, Taoism, Drink from the cup as if it's already broken
- Fighting : Some practical advice
- Sabbats / Ceilidh (Beltane and Samhuine)
- Greenman, the Fool, The May Queen
- Should you have to understand lyrics to enjoy the music?
- psilocybin / psilocin
- Miranda -- Anima, Muse
- Dream Logs
- Until today, it really pissed me off that I'd become this totally centered Zen Master and nobody had noticed
- The shock value of changing your appearance drastically -- I want anime hair, and then some -- the philosophy of colored hair -- the philosophy of long hair -- Shave your head
- the pleasures and pains of coffee
- How to Drink Whisky, How to bless beer (idea)
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- fingers slick with mythos
- Hedonism as a Basis for Ethics
- "I'm pregnant." "You're pregnant?" "It's yours."
- the Buddha's smile is one of recognition
- Nathan, This Is Unacceptable
- Profile of a Virgo
- friendship, quasifriends, friendly strangers, acquaintances
- New Age Crap: The 21 Lessons of Merlyn, , , , , ,
- Ahh... The elusive Man-Period.
- Quotes from sleeping people
- I'm not sharing him
- Do men think about sex all day long?
- The world breaks everyone... Most men lead lives of quiet desperation
- She will remember your heart when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits
- she does not know how much I need this
- endometriosis... lost baby dreams
Stuff I'm into:
- Poly / Polyamory / Polyfidelity
- Vertigo comics (eg, Sandman by Neil Gaiman)
- Hermann Hesse (author of Demian, Steppenwolf, and The Glass Bead Game, among many others)
- Poetry -- Leonard Cohen, e.e. cummings, John Donne, TS Eliot, Percy Bysshe Shelley, and Edna St.Vincent Millay, among others.
- New Age Crap I actually like: Astrology, Tarot, Sabbats, Futhark Runes, Hypnotism, Herbalism, Incense
- Famous and/or beautiful women - Brenda, Shannon, Milla Jovovich, Tori Amos, Alicia Witt, Angelina Jolie, Karyn Dwyer, Gina Gershon, Dina Meyer, Jessica Biel, Ani DiFranco, ,
- Famous people in general - Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, Victor Hugo, Hermann Hesse, Rasputin, Neil Gaiman, Tom Waits, Carl Jung, Isaac Bonewitz, Richard Gere, Spinoza, Thomas Jefferson, Brad Pitt, Robin Williams, Eric Stoltz, John Cusack, Gordon R. Wasson, Joseph Campbell, Paul Stamets, ,
- more to come later, of course...
Music I like: Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, Mazzy Star, Tom Waits, Rusted Root, Tori Amos, toad the wet sprocket, Nick Cave, Ani DiFranco, Throwing Muses, Soul Coughing, Pooka, Fields Of The Nephilim, Dead Can Dance, Liquorice, Led Zeppelin, Paula Cole, A Man Called E / The Eels, Enigma, Nick Drake, Tool, Edie Brickell, Live, Suzanne Vega, Sarah McLachlan, Sting / The Police, Radiohead, Tom Petty, Nine Inch Nails, Milla, Pink Floyd, This Mortal Coil, Sky Cries Mary, The Clash, Frente, The Crash Test Dummies, Beck, Metallica, Depeche Mode, Soul Asylum, Nirvana, Amy Grant, The Cranes, Enya, Clannad, Niamh Parsons, Dave Matthews Band, Seven Nations, Loreena McKennitt, Black Tape For A Blue Girl, Dire Straits, Switchblade Symphony, Crash Worship, The Tragically Hip, Eliza Gilkyson, Portishead, Bjork, Love And Rockets, Primus, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Queensryche, Moby, Cat Stevens, ...
Favorite movies: Fight Club, Pi, Wings Of Desire, LA Story, Sirens, Princess Mononoke, The Wicker Man, Dune, Bodies Rest And Motion, The Matrix, ExistenZ, The Prophecy, Rasputin (with Alan Rickman), Beautiful Girls, Pompatus Of Love, Lord of The Rings (the Peter Jackson version, AND the Ralph Bakshi version), Playing By Heart, The Truman Show, Man On The Moon, The Madness Of King George, The Fisher King, Better Than Chocolate, Mr. Jones, The New Age, Being Human, Quills, The Passion Of Ayn Rand, As Good As It Gets, Frankie And Johnny, Scent Of A Woman, Holy Man, American Beauty, Dead Poets Society, The Full Monty, Eyes Wide Shut, Mrs. Parker And The Vicious Circle, Stealing Beauty, Highlander, Artificial Intelligence, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Sea Prince And Fire Child, Gremlins, TRON, Ladyhawke, Legend, Grosse Pointe Blank, Waking Life, Amelie, Big Fish, ...
Our "Gray Rose" Ceilidh-Sabbats:
- Yule / Midwinter / Saturnalia / Winter Solstice
- Imbolg / Perseponia / Lupercalia
- Beltane / May Day / Floralia
- Litha / Midsummer / Bacchanalia
- Lughnasadh / Lughnasa / Lunasa
- Samhuine / Samhain / All Soul's Night / Halloween
Noders I know:
Noders I think I might like to know: