The never-released official pseudo-sequel to the 1987 RPG Wasteland. Interplay had been developing the game for some time, and there was a beta for the Apple platform. However, the 8-bit market declined. Interplay attempted to port/update the game for MS-DOS but ran into several problems. It has been brought up several times since then but it is not in development any longer.

Electronic Arts released a game called Fountain of Dreams, after they bought Interplay. It had a similar engine to the Wasteland engine and was set in a post-apocalyptic scenario, but did not bear any other resemblance to Wasteland. Most people consider it to be nowhere near as good as Wasteland.

Chris Taylor, a designer at Interplay, explained that contracting problems prevented the game from being updated in 1992. He says in 1996, it would require so many resources they might as well create a whole new game.

It seems they did just that. In 1997, Fallout was released, and on the flap of the game box, a question asks, "Remember Wasteland?" This unofficial sequel had a sequel of its own, Fallout 2, released in 1998.

So as of now, Meantime is vaporware. I am, however, more than content with Fallout and Fallout 2.