"Animal like make noise!"

Animal co-starred on The Muppet Show (1976-1980) and in all the Muppet movies. He is a professional drummer and lends his percussionary skills to the band, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. He does quite a bit of singing (read: screaming) as well. He has participated in jam sessions with the likes of Buddy Rich and Harry Belafonte. Occasionally, he eats his drums. Animal is easily excited, and because of his spastic behavior, is often seen donning a chained collar for restraint. This type of leashing may seem cruel and unusual, but I assure you, you would probably not like to come face to face with Animal's unfettered appetite and no sort of tether keeping his glorious underbite away from your person.

Words that best describe Animal: hairy, manic, excitable, frenzied, hungry, fervent, passionate, wild, enthusiastic, crazed, boisterous, frenetic, out of breath.
These days, one might wonder if he perhaps suffers from a bad case of ADHD.

The U.S. snowboard team for the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan chose Animal for their team mascot. Adventuresome fellow that he is, I'm sure he was quite pleased.

Animal is also into Zen Mysticism, fine art, women and chickens.

Kermit the Frog: "What's wrong with your drummer? He seems a little crazed."
Sgt. Floyd Pepper (Animal's handler and bandmate): "He's just upset because he missed the Monet exhibit at the British Museum."
Animal: "RENOIR!! RENOIR!!"


Vital Stats:

Species: Whatever
Hair Color: Orange/Pinkish
Unibrow: Yes
Voice: Frank Oz
Namesake: He's rumored to be modeled after Keith Moon of The Who.


Filmography:

Television:
The Muppet Show (1976-1980)
Muppet Babies (a cartooned, infantized rendering, 1984-1991)
Muppets Tonight (Guest, 1996)
A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)

Film:
The Muppet Movie (1979)
The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
The Muppets take Manhattan (1984)
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
Muppet Treasure Island (1996)
Muppets From Space (1999)