Day 3. I hardly slept at all last night. I spent most of the night sitting on the toilet in terrible pain. As soon as I thought I was done and tried to go back to bed, the pain would revisit and I would have to go to the bathroom again. It felt as if someone had shoved a large work boot covered in hot sauce into my anus.

It was an uncomfortable night. I wanted to quit this fast very badly. Finally, around 4:30am it was over and I could go to sleep. Soon it was 7:30 and time to wake up. Time to get ready for work.

I wasn't as tired as I should have been. My headache was gone. I lounged about in bed until almost 8:00. I was going to be late, so I decided to forego the 32oz saltwater flush drink. We mixed up 5 glasses worth of our lemonade mix in some empty gallon water jugs. I quickly downed one glass for the road and was off to work.

It has not been a fun day. I have been dreamy and distracted. Can't seem to focus. I am having very strong cravings for a triple-decker cheeseburger and giant sized fries that I used to make for myself at breaktime at my first job. I was almost to the point of wishing I was back at that job. Eating fries as I flipped some burgers. It has been torturous to be around people who are eating sandwiches and microwaving their lunches. People in the catbox describing the delicious foods of their choice. It is killing me. I just want some oreos and a jar of peanutbutter.

But, I am keeping in good spirits. I read all about Bobby Sands, and had a few laughs at myself. I am not sure if it helps to joke about my hunger.

I just found out some disturbing news at work today that might effect my employment/compensation. I am thinking seriously of breaking my fast so I won't be so muddled tomorrow at work. I may need what ever negotiation skills I can muster.

I have been out of my lemonade mix now since 3:00pm and I am very hungry. It's almost quitting time. Then I can go home and get some more liquid refreshment and watch a movie or play some video games to take my mind off my hunger. I am determined to at least finish out today.

Begin Previous Next