"It is the soul that sins, and no other, that shall die; a son shall not share a father's guilt, nor a father his son's. The righteous man shall reap the fruit of his own righteousness, and the wicked man the fruit of his own wickedness." (Ezekiel, chapter 18, verse 20.)

"Say: 'Shall I seek a lord other than Allah, while He is the Lord of all things? No person earns any (sin) except against himself (only), and no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another. Then unto your Lord is your return, so He will tell you that wherein you have been differing.'" Qur'an 6:164.

Original sin was established in the 5th century A.D., under St. Augustine by influence from the Roman Catholic Church. It is one of the hottest debated topics between Jews, Christians and Muslims. Diffrences in view points are clearly evident.

Muslim theoligists unaminously tell us original sin was not Adam's fault alone, was not Eve's fault alone, but rather Satan's fault, both Adam and Eve share responibility of their disobedience to God. In Christianity, the blame falls on Eve. In Islam, the blame falls on Satan and on Adam and Eve forgetting God's command not to come near the tree.

The story can be seen in Genesis 2:4-3:24 and in the Qur'an 7:19-23 and 20:121-122.